Monday, February 23, 2009

Welly

Yay! Update time :)

We've finally got internet connection thank god xD lol I don't know how long it's gonna last cuz I didn't put that much credit on or anything but yeah...

McKenzies is awesome, it's not flash or anything but it's pretty sweet, I'm loving my room now that I've put up a poster and got some stuff for it, like a bookshelf and a fan (yeah I dunno why either, but dad bought me one). It's not like huge, but it's not small, and there are definitely rooms here that are smaller. It's pretty sweet that we're in town, we're in walking range of everything xD

My flatmates- Lee, Euan, and Sophie- are great, (lee and Euan are guys btw), we need to make a flat shopping list cuz we need so much stuff... like a rubbish bin for the lounge D:< and a shower curtain!! Lol our bathroom door doesn't have a lock either, it was kinda awkies at first but now we're all cool with the fact that we might possibly see each other naked sometime throughout the year :P

Saraid and I just went to see Zack and Miri Make a Porno, which, despite its name, is actually a fantastic movie xD it's sooo funny, I was lol-ing the whole way through, and it was real sweet.

Got all my textbooks today, cost a fucking heap but I'm glad that's over. The jap textbook was surprisingly the most expensive of them all Oo the Jap info and culture place (which might actually be part of the embassy?) is playing Japanese films for free on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I might go check that out later... Haven't actually met anyone else who's gonna study Japanese so yeah...

We have our campus coaches thing tomorrow, I'm quite excited about that, cuz I finally get to meet people doing the same kinda courses as me!! Lol most of the people in McKenzies is doing architecture or a BA in like art history or something like that.

What else to say... Haven't really been doing much, my parents came to drop off my extra bags and stuff, and I have to say that I'm missing them a LOT. The room and the people here are great, but I miss you all so much :( But the term is only 6 weeks long so I may see you guys then... who knows...

Ok, I'm totally exhausted, I'm gonna go read the paper then head straight to sleep for another early start. Peace ouuuuut.

<3
xoxoxo

4 comments:

Gapper09 said...

miss you to love. :) At least you feel like you're doing something. I'm feeling like a total bum atm. can't wait to leave.

It's great that you've already met people, that'll make things a lot easier I guess.

Will try to call you sometime this week, have to get an easy call card. gota go know...so much shit to do at home ;) have fun

anna said...

:) great to hear from you.
I think most people know that Euan is a guy's name. And how do you pronounce Saraid?
Enjoy your first lectures :)

L said...

I can see a large amount of confusion arising from you knowing two people called "Lee" xD

Living in town in Wellington would be pretty awesome, it's such a cool city to walk around. Too bad I only got to see it in the very early and very late hours.

Ahh I'm so sad I had to drop Japanese T_T

Raven Deathstar said...

Ah omg i totally replied to you guys then the internet cut out on me D:

Dunz: Lol you totally have to call me before you leave, otherwise I'll never forgive you!! Um me and my flatties are pretty sweet now, now that we've hung out for a bit and stuff. I'm still totally jealous of you, the chick I'm flatting with went to Europe for a year to like teach and stuff ,and she says it was absolutely amazing.

Anna: Lol well I read it as Echuan at first so I was having a real field day with it :P it's like charade but with an s, it's an awesome name, everyone has such trouble with it at first lol xD ahh I can't believe Seamus was a joke!!!! Why would they do that???

Lee: Loool it's an awesome city to walk around, the Big Kumara is only just around the corner and so is the San Francisco Bathhouse, and the rest of the clubs are barely five minutes away!! Whaaa why did you have to drop Jap????