Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Good news :) (and bad)

About a week ago I got a call from dad to tell me that Nan had cancer, but we found out yesterday that the hospital fucked it up and she doesn't :) which is such a relief!! So the fam's totally pleased atm :)

My parents were up this past weekend, it was good seeing them again, and also to realise how independent I am now, like it was nice to hang out with them, but I wasn't upset when they left, and yeah. At the beginning of the year I couldn't imagine living without them nearby, but now it doesn't really faze me.

They sent me a couple of pxts of their new house, and it looks soooo cute :3 Can't wait to go and check it out!! I miss everyone already though :( not returning to Dunedin's gonna be so weird... so everyone has to come up and visit me D:<

Yeah I'm meant to be working on my essay right now lol, but Rousseau's not really that interesting and I don't know anything about him... Xx and du contract social ou principes du droit politique is like ... massively long. With flowery language. :(

Going to see Basshunter next week :D yaaaaaaaaaaay!! <3 hehehe am so psyched... will allow myself to be more psyched after I finish this essay lol.

Got a meeting with our potential landlord tomorrow, the flat is awesome!! Expensive, but soooo nice :3 If we get it (and I think we will) I'll put up pics of it on fb <3 and you guys have to come and stay with me!!! It's only got three bedrooms but they're all double bedrooms so yarrr. Big apartment <3

Hehe :D Lol am in a ridiculously good mood, even though I've got so much work to catch up on!! D: soooo much statute law...

Ohhh but I got A- for my hist essay and my intp essay, so that is FUCKING AWESOME :D lol it may not seem like much but it's a fucking awesome mark for me lol, especially since I wrote both of them the night before.

On a more sobering note, Geoff died... D: He was travelling back to Palmy and he fell asleep at the wheel (he was sober) and crashed. So it's shaken our flat up a bit, Soph was really upset, but she went to his funeral and talked to his mates and she's better now :) It's so weird though, because only a couple of weeks ago she was talking about him, and talking about how nice his house was and stuff like that (she was sorta dating him), and then all of a sudden she got a phone call to tell her that he had died on his way back from welly. It sounds stupid and cliche, but it got us all thinking about how short life was, just cuz it was so sudden, and just so close to home. He was only about 30kms out of Palmy and from his house, and then... just dozed off. Soph was eaten with guilt cuz he had asked to see her that night, but she had been busy with work, and so she was all like what if he had stayed here, what if he had just rested a bit at our flat...

Hm but yeah, other than that, nothing out of the ordinary, methinks.

Can't wait til Chumz comes up to visit me :D :D :D

It's kinda weird how everyone I know is at polar opposite ends of the relationship scale- like Soph is such a relationship girl, she barely was out of her relationship with Isaac before she started seeing Johnny, whilst Alice and Laura are with different guys every night (five guys in a week... WTF, that goes against even my moral standards :O weird...) And it's so strange not being around like minded people Xx like Soph totally doesn't get why I enjoy being single, she doesn't get why I enjoy sleeping alone- I tried to explain it to her lol but I don't think I made any impact :P She was like how can you stand waking up and not having someone to turn to and talk to? And i was kinda like uhh... that's the best part... not having to talk to people... And she was like O____O lol it's just weird not being around people who get what I mean, I miss you guys D:

...Yeah I'm rambling because I'm procrastinating. FUCK YOU ROUSSEAU. Half of the books on him in the library are in French, and it's like ARGHHH D:<

Lol mmmm coffee... probs shouldn't have put that much sugar in, I'm so buzzy :D argh god must do work, MUST DO WORK! TT^TT

Rawr.

Ok I'm going, I'm going lol... Rousseau, HERE I COME!

1 comment:

anna said...

Can understand your point of view, and Soph's. I solve the problem by not talking. Warmth is good though.

Good luck with the flat hunting. Am totally failing in that respect. But at least I have my flatties sorted...just got to find the flat. *sigh*.
Will post update soon, hopefully. Am just trying to keep my head above water. If only I could motivate myself to finish this formal lab report...

Look after yourself Sommiez :)